- How to Keep Your Runescape Account Safe (2009-08-28 01:10:07)
- Runescape is a very popular game, and is full of great people. However, not everyone is so good. People try to steal runescpe accounts to have better levels and runescape items. Some may even hack you. Here's a guide to keeping your account safe.
1. When you make your account, make your password strong and secure. The best things to put in a password is numbers and letters, making it harder to geuss. Don't go for simple things like "password" or your username, because that's too easy to geuss.
2. Set a Pin on your bank account. This is four numbers long. It doesn't really matter what the numbers are, but never do 1234 or 4321.
3. Set recoveries. These are questions to help get your password back, if you lose it. Make questions you only know the answer to.
4. In game, try to make yourself framilar with how rare items are. Someone can charge a insane price for a partyhat, but for something like a bucket shouldn't be very high.
5. Learn what you can and can't do. People can't trim armour and do many other things. Most of the time, they will take your valubles and log off. If you can report them within a mintue, they can get banned.
6. Don't share runescape account. Your friend could claim the account and steal your password.
7. Don't write your password down. It may seem smart at first, but it could fall into the wrong hands.
8. Become framiliar with the report abuse system.
9. Always look at the second trade screen. People change things, when you dont notice it.